Rosehip oil is the latest hit in the market which can give coconut oil run for money! Extracted from seeds of rosehip (fruits left on rose bushes after petals have shredded), this amazing oil the next best thing in for your skin.
Rosehip seed oil is extracted from rosehip seeds (Rosa canina, Rosa rubignosa and/or Rosa moschata), mostly grown in Chile, by pressing. This oil was used for ancient folks for treating various skin conditions and now becoming popular across the globe for its amazing benefits. Rosehip oil is loaded with skin-nourishing vitamins and essential fatty acids. It is also extremely rich vitamin A, vitamin E and vitamin C. In fact, it is one of the richest plants derived oil/ source in vitamin C which makes so sought after.
Rosehip oil is definitely a new revolutionary product in skin care and health regime. It can be better than coconut oil in various places such as:
1) Rosehip oil light and non-greasy. It gets absorbed in skin faster and doesn’t clog pores. Hence, doesn’t lead to breakouts.
2)Rosehip oil is one richest plant oil in vitamin C which helps in clearer skin tone and brighter skin tone.
3) Rosehip oil also improves collagen production in skin and boosts immunity.
Let’s get to know some more important benefits of Rosehip oil being a part of our Daily Skin care:
- Hydrating and moisturizing: Hydration and moisturizing are one of the basic steps of skincare routine. Rosehip oil is one of the best options for it. Since it’s a light oil, it easily gets absorbed in the skin and hydrates it. It also helps in locking in moisture and hence helps to keep skin moisturized for a longer time.
2) Anti-aging: Rich in vitamin A and C, rosehip oil is one of the great anti-aging agents for all types of skin. Both Vitamin A and vitamin C helps increase collagen production in the skin which further helps in fighting wrinkles and other signs of aging.
3) Firming skin: Since rosehip oil improves collagen levels in the skin, its regular use leads to firmer skin. Apply one to two drops over the face before hitting the bed and it will surely make your skin firmer soon!
4) Healthier, brighter and glowing skin: Improved collagen levels also helps in improving overall skin health and vitamin C boosts immunity and brightens your skin. Regular use of rosehip oil also leads to reduced spots and results in smoother skin tone giving you a healthier, glowing and bright skin.
5)Reduce acne and its marks: Rich in anti-inflammatory properties and anti-oxidants helps in reversing adverse effects of oxidation on your skin and reduces acne and with regular use helps reduce stubborn scars caused by breakouts. It also helps in reducing skin irritation.