Argan oil, also rightly called “liquid gold”, is derived from kernels of the fruits of Argan tree. The important part process of making argan oil is the extraction of kernels. There are generally one to three kernels in each fruit which are in a hard nut which is further in a thick peeled fruit. So, to get the kernels, the peel is first dried up in air and then peel is opened. After it’s unpeeled, the pulp inside the fruit is removed and the nut is obtained. The nut is then cracked opened by hands and kernels are extracted. These kernels are then grinded in stone to get the unfiltered, raw oil. This oil is further filtered, decanted and left to settle for some time so that all solid sediments settle down and can be filtered to obtain pure Argan Oil.
“Liquid Gold” oil is found to be super rich in beneficial nutrients including fatty acids and vitamin E which makes a great choice in skin and hair care. As it is loaded with omega fatty acids, vitamin A, vitamin E, anti-oxidants and linoleic acids, argan oil is not only a great moisturizer but also very helpful in reducing acne and its spots, anti-ageing, etc.
So, we can say that Argan oil can easily be said a miracle oil or more appropriately Liquid Gold. In many cases it can be preferred over coconut oil as well:
- Argan oil has more anti-oxidants than coconut oil which makes cell regeneration faster.
- Since, argan oil is richer in anti-oxidants as compared to coconut oil, it also helps fight damage caused due to sun by reducing free radicals.
- Overall, being richer in anti-oxidants than coconut oil makes argan oil a better choice for anti-ageing, controlling sun-damage and a great hair growth agent.
Let’s have a look at some of uncountable benefits:
1) Suitable for all skin types: As Argan oil is neither too light nor too heavy, it falls in the middle of it making the oil suitable for all skin types. It nourishes dry skin and also balances oil secretion in oily skin.
2) Anti-aging: It is time to say bye to all expansive chemical-based creams and say hello to Argan oil as a daily moisturizer. It not only moisturizes the skin gently but also improves the elasticity of skin as it is rich in vitamin A, vitamin E, and anti-oxidants. Therefore, it helps in reducing the fine lines and also delays the appearance of other signs of aging.
3) Reduces Acne: Argan oil is a non-greasy oil which doesn’t clog pores which leads to lesser breakouts. Also, being rich in anti-oxidants and linoleic acid also helps reduces redness and inflammation further reducing scars caused by acne.
4) Prevents and reduces stretch marks: Rich in vitamin A and vitamin E, argan oil helps your skin heal faster. It also increases the elasticity of skin helping in lesser stretch marks during pregnancy and reduce stretch marks post-delivery.
5) Protection against sun damage: Rich in anti-oxidants, argan oil helps reducing sun-damage by reducing damage due to free-radicals caused by harmful UV rays. Also, its anti-inflammatory properties help in soothing the redness post-sun.
6) Great for feet, hand, nails and lips: This one-in-all package oil is your solution to all your skin issues. It can help get softer heels, just apply argan oil on feet regularly and you’ll see the results soon! You can argan oil as hand lotion every night to get softer hands. It can also be as cuticle oil to keep cuticles soft. It also works as a great lip moisturizer.
7) Boon for those tresses: Argan oil is not just great for skin but also a great blessing for your hairs. It can work as a great leave-in conditioner. Just apply one to drops on still wet hairs and all frizz will be tamed right away. It also helps in styling. Just rub couple of drops on your palms and run it through your hairs to evenly apply the oil and then style. This not only makes styling frizzy hairs easier but also reduces damage caused by styling.