Sweet Almond oil has been popular from a long time for its extensive use in skin and hair care. Benefits of this amazing oil are innumerable. Sweet almond oil, as the name says, is made of sweet almonds (scientifically called Prunus dulcis).
Almonds are of two types, bitter almonds, and sweet almonds. Bitter almonds taste bitter because of a glycoside called amygdalin which turns into toxic hydrocyanic acid on processing. Sweet almond oil is extracted from sweet almond which is also edible. Sweet almonds are grown almost all over the world now but it comes from Mediterranean and Asian countries. It is loaded with generous amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, potassium, proteins, zinc, and a number of other vitamins and minerals which make it such a versatile oil especially in skin and hair care.
Sweet almond oil can work wonders for your skin and hairs. In lots of cases it can be more helpful than coconut oil:
- Almond oil is a great source of vitamins E, D, B1, B2, B6, and A, which are essential for healthy skin and hair. It is also rich in magnesium, calcium and healthy fats, which are important for skincare and haircare.
2) Being a great source of vitamin E and A makes it an excellent anti-aging agent and it also proves great in reducing dark circles.
The list of benefits for almond oil can be endless but here are some the best benefits and uses of sweet almond oil:
1) Makes skin healthy and glowing: Loaded with vitamin A and E, sweet almond oil makes the skin healthier and glowing by moisturizing it daily and locking the moisture in the skin.
2) Anti-aging: Super rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, sweet almond oil is a proven trick to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines. That’s not it, regular use of sweet almond oil improves moisture and collagen levels in the skin which helps it in retaining the elasticity of skin which results in delaying in occurring of signs of aging.
3) Get rid of stubborn dark circles and tan: If you are trying to get rid of those dark shadows under your eyes, look no further. Almond oil can even help you get rid of crow’s feet (any of the tiny wrinkles at the outer corners of the eyes resulting from age or constant squinting).
4) Natural makeup remover: Yes, no need to spend on those expensive makeup removers off the shelf. A simple bottle of almond oil can help you there as well. Just dab a cotton pad and wipe off all the stubborn makeup. It will not remove makeup but will also leave your skin nourished.
5) Treats skin conditions like eczema, acne: Almond oil is a natural remedy for eczema and psoriasis. almond oil also helps relieve the inflammation, itchiness, and redness of psoriasis or eczema.
6) Deep cleanser: being a light oil, it can easily penetrate the skin and remove dirt collected in skin pores and helps in cleaning skin deeply. It is one of the best oils for oil cleansing routine for your skin.
7) Safe and good for babies: Almond oil is so light that it can also be used on babies. In fact, it is one of the most recommended oils for massage for babies.
8) All-in-one package for hairs too: If you thought almond oil is great only for skin then here’s the surprise for you: it works great for hairs too! It not enhances hair growth but also reduces hair fall, dandruff and split ends. It can also be used as a leave-in conditioner and to tame frizzy hairs.